At the tail end of engagement season, photographer Dan Cassuto of Sound Originals gives us his list of the best places in the area to take engagement photos!
1. University of Washington. There's a lot more here than just the campus. Try exploring the botanical gardens or arboretum. You'll find roses, flowers, fountains and fields blooming with life. I also love exploring the stairways and entrances to buildings on the main campus for interesting and original engagement pictures.
2. Union Station, not to be confused with King Street Station. Union Station is across the street! Inside, you'll find a grand concourse with gorgeous marble and huge windows. It's reminiscent of Grand Central Station in New York City. The indoor concourse is open to the public during the week. If you plan your photography session just before sunset, you'll get beautiful rays of light pouring into the concourse from the huge skylights.
3. Pioneer Square. This is an especially scenic location during the holidays when the trees are lit up with Christmas lights. I love positioning couples in the middle of the pedestrian streets near Occidental Park with the out-of-focus tree lights behind them.
4. Lincoln Park. Seattle's parks offer fantastic opportunities for outdoor engagement pictures. My favorite is Lincoln Park in West Seattle. You'll find a mix of water and mountain views with some very cool trees and stumps to lean on. Work with your photographer to plan the session an hour before sunset to capture the Olympic Mountains in the distance.
5. Ruby Beach, Olympic National Park. If you're up for a drive, there's no better place on the coast than Ruby Beach. You'll have to work with the weather to plan your shoot. I like party cloudy evenings because the sunset can be epic! Your photographer can't be afraid to get sandy or wet because sometimes the best pictures are from the sand.
6. Fairmont Hotel. Don't be afraid to work with your photographer to get access to Seattle's amazing hotels for unique indoor spaces. The Fairmont Hotel has allowed me to photograph couples in their glorious lobby and spiral staircase when I asked for permission ahead of time. You'll get some very, very unique pictures!
Watch New Day Northwest 11:00 weekdays on KING-TV Ch.5 or streaming live on KING5.com. Connect with New Day via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.