SEATTLE — Nourish Sequim is dedicated to making sure the food they serve is organically grown, gluten-free and locally sourced. Located on Washington's oldest farm, Nourish Sequim offers vegan, vegetarian, meat and seafood dishes to feed anyone that might come their way.
Owner Tanya Rose joins New Day Northwest to demonstrate clams prepared two ways and Nourish Sequim's gluten and dairy free carrot cake.
NOURISH SEQUIM'S ALMOND CARROT CAKE
- 12 ounces fresh carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 6 ounces cane sugar
- 8 ounces pure ground almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ounces sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease an 8″ spring-form pan, line the base with parchment paper.
- Place carrots and sugar in a bowl, add the almond meal and baking powder, stirring until combined.
- Mix in the eggs. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until center is firm.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle toasted, sliced almonds on the top.
- Yep, it’s that easy!
To serve, cut into 8 slices, top each with fresh whipped cream and grated carrots. And don’t forget the Nourish signature decor, a fresh carrot top!