SEATTLE — The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) will close all lanes of the State Route 520 floating bridge across Lake Washington this weekend.
The floating bridge connects Seattle to the Eastside of King County.
The bridge will close at 11 p.m. Friday, March 5 between Montlake Boulevard in Seattle and 92nd Avenue Northeast on the Eastside. The bridge is expected to reopen at 5 a.m. on Monday, March 8.
The WSDOT said crews will install the final 30 concrete girders for the new freeway lid in Montlake during the closure.
The path for bicycles and pedestrians on the north side of the SR 520 bridge will remain open.
WSDOT advises, "Drivers crossing Lake Washington during the weekend closure should take I-90 or consider delaying their trips if possible."
The WSDOT shared the following closure details:
For westbound traffic:
- Westbound traffic on SR 520 must exit at 92nd Avenue Northeast.
- The on-ramp to westbound SR 520 at 84th Avenue Northeast will be closed.
- The HOV on-ramp to westbound SR 520 at 108th Avenue Northeast will be closed.
- The on-ramp to westbound SR 520 from Montlake Boulevard will remain open.
For eastbound traffic:
- The on-ramp to eastbound SR 520 from Montlake Boulevard will be closed.
- The on-ramp to eastbound SR 520 from Lake Washington Boulevard East will be closed.
- Eastbound traffic on SR 520 from I-5 must exit at Montlake Boulevard.