April is Earth Month, which means it's the perfect time to spread awareness about living a more sustainable lifestyle! Minimal Living expert Dr. Denaye Barahona of Zulily shares some tips to live and shop sustainably, as well as a few products to get started on our journeys to living green.
- HydroFlask’s 16 oz. insulated tumbler will keep beverages ice cold for 24 hours or hot for up to 6 hours and comes with a press-in lid you can sip out of, or you can switch it out for the reusable straw lid, which is sold separately and offers an option to help keep plastic straws out of landfills.
- The Vita Print Bag from ChicoBag is great for shopping, travel, organization and is designed to replace single-use disposable bags. It fits into a travel pouch, so it’s easy to keep in your purse or pocket, so you’ll never be without a reusable bag.
- Bagpodz fit easily in a purse or your car’s cupholder and can hold enough reusable bags to carry a cartful of groceries. The bags are tough, water repellent, and fully washable. The material is 100% Bluesign certified – an eco-certification insuring BagPodz are produced in the most eco-friendly way and there’s nothing harmful in the materials.
- The Vera Bradley travel duffel is lightweight and water repellent. It features sustainably sourced ReActive material made from 24 PET water bottles, so it’s also great for the environment.
- Sunglasses from Blue Planet Eyewear are made from recycled and natural materials and come in plastic-free, recyclable packaging. So you'll look good and feel good wearing them!
- Green Toys Inc. carries great eco-friendly toys! Both the Pink & Purple Dump Truck and The Pink Tea Set’s product and packaging are 100% made in the USA from recycled material like milk jugs and yogurt cups.