There are several gadgets and doodads out there to help us de-stress, unwind, relax and indulge. New Day NW producer Suzie Wiley joined the show to share her and our staff's favorite self-care products:
- Blankets — Minky Couture creates fashionable and cozy blankets for people of all ages. Based out of Salt Lake City, they operate under the belief that, "comfort and luxury in the form of a warm blanket is both concretely warming while also metaphorically comforting." Use code "Seattle40" for 40% off all regularly priced items on their website.
- Candles — Bath & Body Works three-wick candles are a favorite during any season, but their fall line-up of scents are available now in stores and on their website and bring comfort to any room.
- Mugs — Sweet Water Decor makes a variety of household goods, but their minimalist coffee mugs make drinking your favorite hot drink extra cozy.
- Bath and body products — Lush is best known for its fabulous bath bombs, but the bath and body company that prides itself on being fresh, handmade, and vegan makes a variety of other products, as well. Check out their lineup of creams, masks, and massage bars on their website.
- Art — Even if you're not an artist, ZEN Art specializes in Buddah Boards a unique canvas that allows you to paint using just water. It then magically disappears after just a few minutes!
- Lavender — Pelindaba Lavender based out of Edmonds sells a variety of locally-made lavender oil products to help you relax.
- Music — Although there are plenty of ways to digitally listen to music these days, something about using turntables and vinyl can fill you with peace and nostalgia.