SEATTLE — The weekend food lovers look forward to every year is upon us! The return of Bite of Seattle brings a celebration of some of the best local eateries, talented chefs, craft beer and cider tastings, and summer fun to Seattle Center.
One of the restaurants featured in The Alley at Bite of Seattle this year is Anar, which features juices and dishes with rich Middle Eastern flavors at their location within the Amazon Doppler building. To give us a preview of Bite of Seattle's fare, Chef Tisarah McGowan demonstrated how to cook the dish Mujadara. It's made from brown rice, spiced green lentils, caramelized onions, pickled red cabbage, pickled Fresno chilies, toasted pepitas, garlic yogurt, and parsley.
Bite of Seattle
Head down to Seattle Center July 19-21 for the Bite of Seattle to enjoy live demonstrations, 200+ food and specialty vendors, competitions, beer and cider tastings, and more. Admission is free and there are activities for the whole family to enjoy.
- 450g Olive Oil
- 250g Medium dice onion
- 120g Small dice garlic
- 3000g Green lentils
- 7720g water
Spiced Blend Ingredients
- 60g coriander
- 84g cumin
- 48g ground cinnamon
- 12g allspice
- 60g aleppo
- 50g salt
- Weigh out everything first
- Make sure to mix throughout cooking process
- Heat rondeau pot with olive oil on medium heat
- Once olive oil is warm, add the onions. Sweat until tender, not brown.
- Once onions are tender, add half of the water and spice blend. Cook on high for about 5 minutes.
- Add green lentils and rest of water.
- Turn down to a medium heat and cook lentils until tender.
- Once ready, let cool in rondeau pot for about 30 minutes. Flip in hotel pan with ice stick to reach in.
- Once cooled, placed in 12 quart cambro. Label with date and initial.