SEATTLE — Since 2005, the Boeing Classic professional golf tournament has hosted some of the biggest players, competing in a three-round, hole stroke-play tournament. It has raised more than $8 million in 14 years for good causes. This year, the nonprofit beneficiary is Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, focusing on autoimmune diseases and allergies.
Boeing Classic volunteers Gary Kerr and Tom Bonorden discussed their favorite moments over the last 14 years, including the big win in 2015 and Military Appreciation Day.
Some of Gary's Favorite Moments
- 2015 - Billy Andrade’s final putt for the BC win
- 2016 - Stephen Ames, Kirk Triplett, and Gene Sauers teeing off on hole #14 (Bear’s Canyon); the signature hole.
- 2017 - Tribute to Arnold Palmer
Some of Tom's Favorite Moments
- The 8-player sudden death playoff is without a doubt most memorable. Eight players, 8 caddies, tour officials, golf carts all coming up the same fairway at the same time.
- Military Appreciation Day (Sunday, Aug. 25 this year) is always very special. Volunteers place flags throughout the course and there is wonderful support from the USO providing a free BBQ to servicemen, women and veterans.
The annual Boeing Classic takes place Aug 19-21 at The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge. For tickets (day passes and weekend passes) and more information, visit their website.
Sponsored by Boeing Classic. Watch New Day Northwest 11 AM weekdays on KING 5, and streaming live on KING5.com. Connect with New Day via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.