LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. — Firefighters have responded to help Walt Disney World park-goers who have been stuck aboard the Florida resort's newly launched aerial cable car system.
News outlets report that Disney Skyliner cable cars became stuck in the air Saturday night. A Disney spokeswoman tells the Orlando Sentinel that there have been no reported injuries.
Passengers reported on social media that they had been stuck on the enclosed cable cars for more than an hour. It was not immediately clear what caused the incident.
The Skyliner air gondolas opened to visitors last week. The cable cars whisk visitors from hotels to theme parks three stories above the ground while going 11 mph. No more than 10 people are allowed in each cable car.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'She could have caused catastrophic damage': Woman accused of making dozens of pipe bombs
- High school honors fallen football captain with special ceremony
- Red tide returns: Harmful algae appears again in parts of Florida
- Bear cubs lock themselves in a van, then honk until a human let them out
- This bar sells drinks by the hour, not the glass
FREE 10NEWS APP: