Part of State Route 99 in Seattle will be closed for approximately three weeks starting January 11 when the Alaskan Way Viaduct closes for good. The closure will create ripple effects across area highways, such as Interstate 5, Interstate 90, Interstate 405, and State Route 520.
Use these links every day to help you plan your commute.
KING 5 has you covered
- Download the KING 5 App (iOS | Android) for push alerts throughout the closure
- Drive times
- Traffic cameras
- Traffic incidents
- Ferry vessel watch
Twitter accounts to follow
Mass transit schedules
- Puget Sound Trip Planner
- Sound Transit Link Light Rail
- Sound Transit Sounder train (Southline / Northline)
- Sound Transit buses
- Metro Transit
- Community Transit
- King County Water Taxi to downtown Seattle (Vashon Island / West Seattle)
- One Bus Away App – see how close the bus is to your stop
Join KING 5's Seattle Tunnel Traffic Facebook group to stay up-to-date on the latest Seattle tunnel and viaduct news and get tips to battle traffic during the three-week viaduct closure in January.