Hilary Franz, the Washington state Commissioner of Public Lands, joined Take 5 Friday to share five tips to remember during wildfire season.
The fire season in Washington state appears to be shaping up to be problematic yet again. Western Washington experienced more wildfires during March than usual.
Five Tips for Residents During Wildfire Season:
1. In campgrounds, always use a designated fire pit.
2. Never leave a campfire until it's fully out. Soak it and stir it. If it's too hot to touch, it's too hot to leave.
3. If you see a fire, call 911.
4. Don’t throw flammable items, like cigarette butts, out of your car.
5. Always check burn restrictions before starting a fire. Visit dnr.wa.gov