Breaking News
More () »

Deadly downtown Seattle beating shown in released surveillance video

The suspect in this case is in custody and being charged with murder.

SEATTLE — New surveillance video shows a violent random attack in downtown Seattle on Aug. 2, which ended with the death of a 66-year-old man.

In the video, 48-year-old Aaron Fulk and the 66-year-old man can be seen initially speaking with each other. Fulk then appears to take out a metal bar and swings it at the man.

Fulk is seen in the video being arrested a short time later.

According to charging documents, a Seattle Police Department (SPD) officer was in a patrol vehicle driving eastbound on Pike Street around 3 p.m. on Aug. 2 when she heard the 66-year-old man yelling, "help me, help me."

The officer saw Fulk raise a 3-foot-4-inch metal pull-up bar over his head in a downward manner to strike the victim, court documents state. The officer said the victim fell "motionless" to the ground when they were struck on the side of the head.

>> Download KING 5+, our new Roku and Amazon Fire apps, to watch live coverage 24/7

The attack happened on a busy street "in full view of a Seattle Police Department officer and several witnesses," the court documents detailed.

Police said the victim was unarmed and needed a walker to move around. The 66-year-old was 5-foot-6 tall and about 120 pounds, according to King County prosecutors.

Emergency crews arrived and tended to the victim, who regained a pulse a few minutes after the attack but remained unconscious. Court documents say the victim was at Harborview Medical Center in "grave" condition," but a SPD blotter post states he died from his injuries on Aug. 6.

Officers at the scene said Fulk did not show any remorse for the attack, telling medics, "he's crippled now, isn't he?" Fulk allegedly said. "If I have to go to jail for it. I will," and signaled his intention to kill him when he said, "I'm gonna kill him a million times over."

Fulk told officers he beat the elderly man because "he was doing the devil's work."

Fulk is charged with first-degree murder and is being held at the King County Jail on a $2.5 million bail. His next court appearance is scheduled for Sept. 8.

WATCH: KING 5’s top stories playlist on YouTube

Before You Leave, Check This Out