An ice cream duo has been sweeping the west coast for the past seven years. This weekend they finally make their mark in Washington.
Tyler and Kim Malek are behind the popular Salt & Straw ice cream shop. Their first location in Seattle opened in Ballard on Friday.
A second Seattle location opens in Capitol Hill just one week later, February 16.
Tyler and Kim have developed more than 600 flavors over the years. The Ballard shop offers 11 permanent flavors and an additional five exclusive to Seattle.
Their permanent flavors include:
- Sea Salt with Caramel Ribbons
- Almond Brittle with Salted Ganache
- Double Fold Vanilla
- Chocolate Gooey Brownie
- Honey Lavender
- Beecher's Cheese with Peppercorn Toffee
- Elm Coffee and Westland Whiskey
- Strawberry Honey Balsamic with Black Pepper
- Ellenos Yogurt & Matcha
- Coconut Mint Chip Cupcake
- Rachel's Raspberry Ginger Beer
And limited edition flavors are:
- Fran's Almond Gold Bar
- Intrigue's Green Basil and Chocolate Cocoa Nibs
- Theo's Big Daddy Smores
- Forte's Lemon and Pepper White Chocolate
- Fresco's Pure Chocolate Bar