It appears Oakland is being added to the list of places people will be able to fly to from Everett when the new Paine Field passenger terminal opens, and there will be additional flights to Las Vegas.
The Federal Aviation Administration's supplemental assessment includes all proposed commercial flight service. On the list are five round-trip flights with Southwest Airlines, which previously weren't made public.
There are a total of 24 proposed flights out of Paine Field to 10 airports. The list includes:
- Denver International Airport
- Las Vegas McCarran International Airport
- Los Angeles International Airport
- Portland International Airport
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
- San Diego International Airport
- San Francisco International Airport
- San Jose Mineta International Airport
- John Wayne-Orange County Airport
- Oakland International Airport
Horizon Air, SkyWest, and Southwest will operate out of the terminal.
On Saturday, the FAA released its supplemental assessment report. The previous study that approved passenger service was done in 2012 when fewer airlines were involved and 12 daily flights were proposed. The FAA did not find any significant issues with an additional 12 daily commercial flights out of Paine Field.
Service cannot begin until after a public comment period that ends Nov. 2, and final approval of the report. Flights are likely to begin early next year.