A hazardous materials team was called to a Goodwill warehouse in Seattle Friday after a radioactive material was found.

Scrap metal contaminated with radium was reportedly dropped off as a donation.

A scrap metal recycler coming to pick up the metal discovered the radioactivity during a routine scan.

Emergency officials said the hazardous material was determined to be radium 226, which is considered dangerous mostly when it is ingested or inhaled.

Seattle Goodwill spokeswoman Katherine Boury says the amount found was very low in radiation.

A Seattle Fire Department spokesperson says radium 226 is common in old household items such clocks from the 1950s and 1960s and presents no risk to the general public.