Breaking News
More () »

Redmond police arrest suspect 11 years after Lorill Sinclaire's disappearance

Lorill Sinclaire was reportedly visiting her boyfriend's residence before she disappeared on Nov. 8, 2011, near Factoria Mall.

REDMOND, Wash. — A suspect was arrested and charged in the 2011 death of Lorill Sinclaire after detectives reopened the case a decade later, according to the Redmond Police Department.

Redmond police arrested Sinclaire's boyfriend, Mark Frisby,  on Wednesday in connection with her disappearance. Frisby was charged with second-degree murder.

Redmond Police said Mark Frisby was a person of interest from the beginning, but now have an airtight case.

Sinclaire’s body has never been found and police do not have a crime scene making the case more complex.

“When you don’t have that you really have to have an airtight case. You have to have the rest of your evidence extremely solid which we do in this case," Redmond Police Sgt. Jesse Bollerud said.

Police said what turned the case around was extensive investigations, search warrants, and DNA technology.

“This was a case that was just good ole police work. Knocking on doors, talking to people, taking the evidence that had already been gathered and putting it all together,” Bollerud said.

King County prosecutors argued Frisby should be held on $3 million bail.

Sinclaire was reportedly visiting Frisby's residence before she disappeared on Nov. 8, 2011, near Factoria Mall. A large search was helped in a wooded area near Coal Creek and Factoria Boulevard in Bellevue but no evidence was found.

>> Download KING 5+, our new Roku and Amazon Fire apps, to watch live coverage 24/7

Investigators reopened opened the case in 2021 on the 10th anniversary of her disappearance.

Through investigations, search warrants and advancements in DNA technology, Redmond detectives gathered enough evidence to arrest Frisby at his apartment in Los Angeles.

Sinclaire’s keys were found in his home, prosecutors say DNA evidence was found on a knife he pawned shortly after she disappeared and bought cleaning supplies the morning after she went missing. Prosecutors said he was suffering from severe mental illness.

Frisby is in Los Angeles jail awaiting the extradition process.

“We never forgot Lorill and are grateful to have identified the person responsible for her tragic murder,” said Police Chief Darrell Lowe. “We hope this arrest can provide her family some closure.” 

Sinclaire's remains have not been found.

Prior to the recent arrest, Frisby was found guilty of assault with a deadly weapon and sentenced to seven years in prison. He was released March 11, 2021. He also had misdemeanor convictions in Washington for assault and DUI.

Detectives hope this arrest brings some closure to her family, but knows that won’t happen until they find her.

“We haven't forgotten about Lorill and we're hopeful we'll be able to give them that final closure soon,” Bollerud said.

Download our free KING 5 app to stay up-to-date on news stories from across western Washington.

WATCH: Unsolved Northwest

Before You Leave, Check This Out