If you're looking to renovate your home in Seattle's tough housing market, but want to get the most bang for your buck, start with adding manufactured stone veneer.
For Seattle, adding manufactured stone veneer will more than pay for itself, getting you a return of 144.6 percent on your investment. The average cost of this is $8,412.
Here are the top five.
1. Add manufactured stone veneer: +144.6 percent
2. Replace garage door: +141.2 percent
3. Composite deck addition: +122 percent
4. Minor kitchen remodel: +116.3 percent
5. Universal bathroom design: +107.2 percent
The renovation that will get you the smallest return on investment in Seattle is adding a master suite -- 62.5 percent.
Nationally, the top renovation job is replacing a garage door. The least valuable is adding a backyard patio.