SEATTLE — If you're an art lover or even if you're just looking for a fun way to fill the weekend Nancy Guppy from Art Zone has a couple of events that are sure to capture your attention.
1. Early Masters presents “Around the World”, an art and music celebration on Saturday, March 2nd, from 2 p.m. - 4 p.m. at Fulcrom Coffee in Georgetown, 4660 Ohio Avenue South. Free and open to the public.
2. The 17th Annual Seattle Festival of Improv Theater features 5 fabulous days of world-class improv shows, workshops, and master classes. There are shows on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 10 p.m. and Sunday at 3 p.m. at Jet City Improv, 5510 University Way, NE.
3. The Seattle Art Museum presents “Like a Hammer,” a gallery of over 65 artworks by Jeffrey Gibson. There's a free, open-to-the-public kickoff celebration on Thursday, February 28th 5 p.m. - 9 p.m. at SAM downtown.
4. Seattle attorney and author Karen Treiger reads from her book, “My Soul is Filled with Joy, A Holocaust Story,” at the Seattle Athenaeum in Pike Place Market, 93 Pike Street, #307, on Wednesday, February 27th at 7:00pm.
5. Seattle Opera presents “Odyssey” a fun, affordable, all-ages production featuring a cast of all young performers, March 1 - 3 at the Cornish Playhouse in Seattle Center, 201 Mercer St.
No one will be turned away for lack of money. Financial assistance is available. Password: press.