SEATTLE — Since 2005, the Boeing Classic professional golf tournament has hosted some of the biggest players, competing in a three-round, hole stroke-play tournament. It has raised more than $8 million in 14 years for good causes. This year, the nonprofit beneficiary is Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason, focusing on autoimmune diseases and allergies.
Some of Gary's Favorite Moments
- 2015 - Billy Andrade’s final putt for the BC win
- 2016 - Stephen Ames, Kirk Triplett, and Gene Sauers teeing off on hole #14 (Bear’s Canyon); the signature hole.
- 2017 - Tribute to Arnold Palmer
Some of Tom's Favorite Moments
- The 8-player sudden death playoff is without a doubt most memorable. Eight players, 8 caddies, tour officials, golf carts all coming up the same fairway at the same time.
- Military Appreciation Day (Sunday, Aug. 25 this year) is always very special. Volunteers place flags throughout the course and there is wonderful support from the USO providing a free BBQ to servicemen, women and veterans.
The annual Boeing Classic takes place Aug 19-21 at The Club at Snoqualmie Ridge. For tickets (day passes and weekend passes) and more information, visit their website.