SEATTLE — The biggest snack event in the world takes place this Sunday, with a side of football, if that kind of thing interests you!
Executive producer Joseph Suttner is definitely all about the food during a Super Bowl party — and the half time show!
He joined the show to share a spicy recipe he loves to make.
Joseph’s Super Bowl Spicy Bacon-Wrapped Jalapenos with Dairy Free Cream Cheese
- 12 whole jalapenos
- 12 slices bacon – thin rather than thick sliced is best
- 12 oz Kite Hill dairy free cream cheese OR regular cream cheese
- 1 oz fresh chives, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- On a cutting board, slice the heads off the jalapenos and discard. Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and ribs and discard. Leave a little rib if you like them hot. Rinse the jalapenos in a strainer and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese and chives until well mixed. Spoon or pipe the mix into the halved jalapenos.
- Grab your 12 slices of bacon, and cut them in half. Wrap each jalapeno with half a piece of bacon.
- Obtain a baking sheet and square grate if you have one. Disperse all of the jalapenos onto the grate and bake in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the bacon is thoroughly cooked. *If you don't have a grate, line the baking sheet with foil and parchment on top of the foil. Bake directly on that.
- Remove from the oven. Remove the jalapenos with tongs to a serving platter or plates. Enjoy!
Segment Producer Suzie Wiley. Watch New Day Northwest at 11 a.m. weekdays on KING 5 and streaming live on KING5.com. Contact New Day.