The Pacific Northwest is host to the largest sewing show in the nation, the Sewing & Stitchery Expo. Hosted at the Washington State Fair Events Center in Puyallup March 1-4th.
The Expo celebrates its 34th anniversary this year, growing from 3,000 attendees in the first year to over 22,000 each year. A destination event, friends fly in from all over the world to learn and be inspired. The event is appealing to anyone with a creative mindset and has something to offer for both Makers just starting out and experienced practitioners looking to perfect their craft.
The Expo works year round to curate the most talented teachers and classes and hosts hundreds of classes each day. Classes run from 45 minutes to 4 hours depending on the intensity and depth of the subject. Classes encompass a wide range of interests including: Insider’s Guide to Machines, Needles and Threads, the Art of Inkjet Printing on Fabric, Embroidery Doll Clothes, No Fear Quilting, and hundreds more. Pre-registration for classes is encouraged, and the full class schedule is available at sewexpo.com.
Over 400 vendors will be in attendance showcasing products like Fabric, patterns, sewing, tools, notions, and books. Shoppers have the opportunity to test drive sewing machines and get one on one advice from the vendors and experts at the show. Many vendors have specials and items you can only get in-person at the Expo.
- Meet & Greet with Kentaro, Winner of Project Runway season 16.
- Friday Night Live, A Taste of Hollywood: Joe Vecchiarelli, fit master at Dancing with the Stars heads up a night of entertainment including garments from the show, and a look behind the scenes at Dancing with the Stars.
- The Rare Bear Army: Register to be a part of the Rare Bear Army , and bring your unfilled Rare Bear to the Expo to stuff, and it will be delivered to a child with a rare disease as a token of help and support. In support of Rare Science, a non-profit research organization that helps children with rare diseases and their families.
- For the Love of Pets: Sew your own bandanna for your pet with donation to the Humane Society of Tacoma & Pierce County
- Complete listing of events available at sewexpo.com
Sewing & Stitchery Expo, March 1-4, 2018, Washington State Fair Events Center, Puyallup, WA. Tickets are available online or at the door.
This segment brought to you by the Sewing & Stitchery Expo.