Alex's tips on how to be a good vintage and flea market shopper:
- Be excited! There are so many treasures and discoveries to be made, both big and small. Show up excited about what you might find and open to finding something unexpected.
- If you find something you love and would regret not taking home, don't hesitate to purchase it.
- Pro tip - get there early! If you want the best selection, be sure to get there on the early side.
- Talk to the vendors, they know the stories and histories of the pieces. One of the most exciting things is learning about the goods, where they're from, who made them, and how they are made.
- Bring cash and don't be afraid to barter, it's expected and if the vendor doesn't want to go lower they'll tell you that. If they do, you might just get a great deal.
- Package deals are a great way to save money while purchasing more goods. Many vendors will be willing to cut you a deal if you purchase more than one item.
Items in today's segment come from these vendors:
- Alex Connelly Art
- D+K Renewal
- Graciela Art, Vintage & Rare Finds
- Jamie Hoffman
- Kelsey Melville
- Rae Plants & Vintage
- Savvy Heart
- Slip Ceramica
- Vee Vintage
Sodo Flea Market, March 10th, 10 AM-4 PM, 2245 1st Ave S. Seattle, WA 98134. Once every month!