SEATTLE — Other than the company and hopefully a winning team, the best part about tailgating is the food. However, it's easy to reach for less-than-healthy choices when there's a tempting snack spread at a party. Registered Dietitian Amy Goodson shares a few of her picks you can easily pick up on your next grocery run that will keep your tailgating fare nutritious without sacrificing flavor - especially with her tailgating dish, Fiesta Nachos.
- POM Wonderful pomegranate juice - a great way to add antioxidants to your diet, including in Fiesta Nachos with pomegranate infused chicken.
- Wonderful Pistachios - Swap in pistachios for potato chips for a healthier choice that you can still serve with your favorite dips and spreads.Dairy
- Dairy Farmers of Washington - Keep your milk, yogurt, and dairy products fresh and local. Darigold FIT milk has more protein and less sugar than whole milk.
- HIPPEAS Organic Chickpea Puffs - These puffs are gluten-free, vegan, and baked instead of fried. They come in a variety of flavors, including White Cheddar if you're looking for a cheese fix.
- LaCroix Sparkling Water - LaCroix is a refreshing and hydrating option that has zero calories.