Seattle — Pumpkins, squash, and apples are in abundance right now. You can buy them locally at Frank's Quality Produce at 1508 Pike Place. Owner, Frank Genzale demonstrates a dish you can make from his fall produce.
Stuffed Delicata Squash Recipe:
- 2 medium size Delicata squash
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 diced carrots
- 2 cup chopped Chanterelle mushrooms
- ½ cup diced pancetta
- ¼ stick butter
- ½ bunch thin sliced Lacinato kale
- ½ cup white wine
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Chili flakes
- ¼ cup goat cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- Balsamic reduction (you can get this at most grocery stores)
1. Cut the Delicata squash in half lengthwise and clean out the seeds with a spoon. Place on a cookie sheet with the flesh side up. Drizzle olive oil over the squash and add some salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, remove and let cool.
2. In a sauté pan brown your pancetta, drain grease and place aside.
3. In the same pan sauté onions and carrots until they just start to brown. Salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Add chanterelle mushrooms and butter. Continue cooking until mushrooms soften.
5. Add Lacinato kale, pancetta and chili flake. Sauté for a 1-2 minutes over medium high heat then add wine and let reduce.
6. Place ingredients from pan into the your cleaned out and roasted squash.
7. Sprinkle goat cheese over the top.
8. Place squash back in your 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
9. Remove and drizzle balsamic reduction and parmesan cheese over the top.
10. You are now ready to serve.