SEATTLE — From the hours of 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. you can find some of the best Mexican food in town served from the window of a food truck right outside T-Mobile Park. QT Food Truck is setting up shop at home plate to serve the hungry citizens of Seattle a broad range of Mexican dishes from tacos to quesadillas to burritos and beyond.
The truck can also come to you if you're hard at work improving your home, why not schedule QT to set up shop right outside? The owners of QT pride themselves on using organic ingredients that are sure to elevate your experience. Chef and co-owner Misa Avila joins New Day Northwest to talk about the food truck and give us a sneak peek of what they're serving up.
Here's the recipe for Misa's Guacamole:
- 6 ripe avocados
- 3-5 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 - 1/2 of a large red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 lime
- Mash avocados in a medium-sized bowl and set aside
- Prepare pico de gallo: Mix together the diced tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and garlic powder in a bowl. Add salt and juice from half a lime.
- Add pico de gallo to the mashed avocados and mix well
- Add salt, pepper, and juice from the other lime half and mix well