SEATTLE — Bestselling author, actor, web series creator, and Queen of the Internet, Felicia Day, stops by to talk about her new book. Embrace Your Weird, a guide to discovering your own creative voice and passion in a fun and playful way.
Embrace Your Weird is interactive and set up as a part-guided journal and part-imaginative workbook covering important and inspirational topics like:
- Discovering your hero self - Take note of which unique ideas and passions make you "weird" - and how this weirdness can be used as a superpower.
- Vanquishing enemies - Use step-by-step strategies to confront and conquer threats like anxiety and perfectionism.
- Gathering allies - Cultivate a creative community, set up a network of friends, and engage with mentors/mentees.
- Finding joys - Let yourself be silly or bored in order to give your brain room to stretch, explore, and spark ideas.
- Starting a quest - Stick to daily creative habits so you're ready to work when a bigger goal is in sight.