SEATTLE — The holidays can be overwhelming, especially when you're a parent. But it doesn't have to be a lot of work to keep the kids engaged and your stress levels low.
Party planner Allison Carter demonstrated a few tried-and-true holiday activities for kids that are sure to help make the season magical and memorable, and manageable.
“As busy moms, we have this pressure that we have to make all these memories and all these traditions,” Carter said. “It doesn’t have to be that hard.”
Carter recommends activities that get memories off the phone and into the home, as well as those that let kids have control and stimulate the senses.
Here's what she recommends:
- DIY waterless snow globes - Watch the demo above to learn how to make this easy and affordable craft for the holidays!
- Hot cocoa bar - Set out different mixes and toppings to take your regular cocoa to the next level!
- Holiday memory book - Let the kids document their holiday memories with a disposable camera and a scrapbook.
- Mini Christmas tree - See how creative your kids can get by giving them creative control of their own mini Christmas tree.
- DIY Christmas decor - Sit down with the kids to craft DIY holiday decorations.