SEATTLE — Father's Day is June 16th, but if you're still scrambling to pick up gifts, we may be able to help. If your loved one appreciates what the Pacific Northwest has to offer in terms of a good drink, Seattle Magazine writer A.J. Rathbun has curated a list of bottled gift ideas that dad will love - and our local distilleries will thank you for your support.
Here are Rathbun's suggestions:
If your Dad's an Old Fashioned Drinker....
Woodinville Straight Bourbon Whiskey in a Custom-Etched Bottle from Woodinville Whiskey Company.
If your Dad's a Martini Drinker...
Martini Style Gin from Scratch Distillery in Edmonds.
If a margarita is more your dad's style...
Brovo Orange Curacao from broVo Spirits in Woodinville.
If dad enjoys a nice glass of wine...
Seattle Distilling's brandy will be a great choice.
If your dad's a Bloody Mary drinker...
Ran Vodka from Chambers Bay Distillery.
Searching for the perfect cocktail to serve up this weekend? Look no further!
Thy Noble Father
- Cracked ice
- 1-1/2 ounces Woodinville Whiskey Co. Straight Bourbon
- 3/4 ounce Brovo Spirits Orange Curaçao
- 1/2 ounce Seattle Distilling Company Brandy
- Dash Scrappy’s Black Lemon Bitters
- Wide orange twist, for garnish
1. Fill a cocktail shaker or mixing glass halfway full with cracked ice. Add everything but the twist. Stir well.
2. Strain into a cocktail or coupe glass. Garnish with the twist. Toast all the dads!