Typically, when we think about school supplies, we picture glue sticks, pencils, and notebooks — but it's so much more than that now!
Tech expert Brian Westbrook joins New Day NW to show off some back-to-school gadgets to use in the classroom and beyond.
1. Parental internet router: Keep your kids safe and focused while studying at home with the Circle Home Plus internet router. $69-$349. DISCOUNT: Get $35 off with the code BACK2SCHOOL.
2. Increase WiFi coverage: The TRENDnet WiFi Everywhere Powerline 1200 AV2 Wireless Kit extends your existing wireless network throughout the house. $142.99.
3. Raise your laptop height: Make any table a standing table with the MOFT-Z Sit-stand Laptop Desk. $60.
5. Dock your laptop to create a full workstation: Plug your laptop into the IOGEAR Thunderbolt Travel Dock or USB-C Ultra-slim Dockstation with Power Delivery Pass-thru and connect it to your monitor to access your work on a bigger screen. $86-$120.
6. Connect a larger monitor to get the bigger picture: Speaking of monitors, this one from Monoprice is 27 in. and has a 165Hz IGZO gaming display. $350.
7. Hear and be heard with a comfortable headset: Cut out the background noise during family video chats and length gaming "breaks." The Dark Matter by Monoprice Supernova Universal Gaming Headset is comfortable, comes with 3.5mm adapters, and a detachable noise cancelling microphone. $25.
8. Cut the cord for wireless freedom: The Evolve2 by Jabra headphones are cable-free, have active noise cancelling, and 37 hours of wireless battery life. It also features a stowable microphone boom. $450.
9. Portable sport earbuds with big sound: The Jabra Elite Active 75t wireless headphones are great for when you're on the go or working out. $180.
10. Charge up with wireless charging pads: You can place your headsets on a stand and charge your devices at the same time with the Raptic Rise Power Stand & Dual Wireless Charger. $37-$60.
11. Back up your files, please?: The Segate One Touch SSD Drives will satisfy your backing up needs. $37-$60.
12. No really, losing data is bad: Another hard drive, but portable! The PNY Pro Elite Portabel SSD has you covered. $60-$130.
13. Take learning to-go with a new smartphone: The TCL 20s & TCL 20 Pro 5G are there for all your smartphone needs. $250, $500.