Eli Bezner from Poco Wine & Spirits is here to mix up a cozy and delicious mulled wine that is perfect for these cold fall and winter months.
Poco Mulled Wine Recipe:
- 1 Bottle red wine, preferably a CabSav or Merlot (750 ml)
- 1 peel of whole orange
- 1 peel of whole lemon
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 8oz brandy
- 2oz honey
- 3oz fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 10 black pepper corns
- 5 cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole star anise
- 2 whole, cracked cardamom pods
- Fill cheese cloth bag with cardamom pods, star anise, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and black peppercorn.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil, submerge cheese cloth bag with spices, let sit for 2 minutes.
- Bring water down to a very light boil/simmer, add lemon and orange juices. Let infuse for 20 min.
- Remove bag and spices, and discard. Transfer to large sauce pan on low/medium heat *do not boil*.
- Add wine, sugar, honey and stir until completely dissolved. Let sit on low heat 10-15 minutes.
- Take off burner, stir in brandy. Garnish with orange slice, cinnamon stick, half star anise pod. Serve and Enjoy!
© 2018 KING