SEATTLE — Going a little stir-crazy on your couch?
Use that spare time to try/see/do something new! Here are 15 ways to branch out from the comfort of your own home, without spending a dime.
- Watch some of the 5th Avenue Theatre’s “greatest hits."
- Learn how to take better iPhone pics with Seattle native/photographer Chase Jarvis.
- Listen to Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie perform live daily.
- Peruse the Tacoma Art Museum’s entire collection.
- Check out the daily performance by a member of the Seattle Symphony.
- Learn to paint with acrylics using tutorials from a Ballard artist.
- Spend time filling the pages of a free coloring book from Seattle artist Henry.
- Get an informal chocolate chip cookie baking lesson from Lake Steven’s Jenny Cookies.
- Expand your knowledge by taking a free online course from University of Washington.
- Bad hair day? Learn maintenance tips from free hair care tutorials via a stylist from Seattle’s Coupe Rokei salon.
- Speak in a different tongue using this free language app.
- Play the synthesizer with a free Minimoog download.
- Give the kids some educational screen time with free downloads from the Minecraft education collection.
- Until the coffee shop re-opens, become a skilled home barista.
- Learn how to play guitar from Fender – the company is offering 3 months of free lessons (up to 100,000 people.)