Foodies unite at Seattle's largest brunch event with a good cause, Bacon Eggs & Kegs.
Brian O'Connor shows us what Bok a Bok will be cooking up at the event. He makes a Bacon and Kimchi Fried Rice with sous vide egg on top. Brian also chats about the event, which will host live music, fun activities and a variety of brunch bites and sips.
Bok a Bok Bacon, Kimchi Fried Rice:
- 1 cup diced bacon
- 1 medium-sized onion, small dice
- 2 T chopped ginger
- ¼ cup daikon, small dice
- 1 cup chopped kimchi
- 4 cups pre-cooked and cooled rice
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 1 T Korean Chili Paste
- ½ cup kimchi juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 T crispy fried garlic
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 poached egg
- Heat cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Remove and put to the side.
- Add sesame oil.
- Using the bacon fat/sesame oil mix and sauté the onions until slightly caramelized.
- Add daikon and ginger to the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped kimchi and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add sesame oil and rice and fry rice, stirring occasionally until all the clumps are broken down and the rice is heated about five minutes.
- Add chili paste, kimchi juice and soy sauce and stir until incorporated.
- Top rice with poached egg, crispy garlic and green onions
EVENT INFORMATION: Bacon Eggs & Kegs, March 17-18, 11 am- 3 pm. CenturyLink Field
- 30-foot Bloody Mary bar with Demitri's Bloody Mary Seasoning (regular or spicy), seasoned salt rims, and toppings like tater tots, bacon, jalapeno poppers, pork rinds, cheeses, pickled veggies, fresh veggies, and vodka by Absolut.
- Local restaurants serving brunch dishes for purchase include Bok a Bok Fried Chicken & Biscuits, Where Ya At Matt, No Bones Beach Club, Stacks Burgers, Conscious Eatery, Galaxy Donuts and more.
- 80+ Northwest craft beers and ciders to taste.
- Bale Breaker Brewery, based in Yakima, sampling its Ossifier beer aged in Jameson Irish Whiskey Barrels. (Ossifier is not available for purchase in stores and is very limited on taps around town!)
- Jameson Irish Whiskey tastings with new Jameson Caskmates IPA Edition, Irish whiskey aged in IPA beer barrels, plus tastings of original Jameson Whiskey and Black Barrel.
- Irish coffee bar featuring Jameson Irish Whiskey and Kahlua.
- Boozy hot chocolate featuring Kahlua, with the option to add Jameson.
- Mimosa bar.
- Games include Bacon bingo, egg and spoon races, egg roulette, egg toss, inflatable Hungry Hungry Hippos, giant Jenga, giant Yahtzee and more.
- Live entertainment with dueling pianos, a DJ and live musical performances.
- Complimentary photos taken in a giant inflatable skillet.
- Chalk artist Gabrielle Abbott creating live chalk art.