Multiple outlets have reported the agreement Mike Leach reached with the Cougars to coach their team. It's the agreement, not the contract. That hasn't been signed yet. You can see some of bonuses below:
- $2 Million in base salary
- $250,000 in supplemental income
- $25,000 for an Apple Cup win
- $75,000 for a Non-BCS Bowl
- $100,000 for a BCS Game
- $200,000 for a BCS National Title Game
- $50,000 to win the PAC-12 North, $100,000 to win the PAC-12
His buyout starts at $2.25 Million and goes down 450-grand per season. He also gets a suite, 20 football tickets, 2 cars, and a country club or health club membership. If you want to see the whole agreement, click on this link from the Spokesman Review.
I thought it was interesting that when Leach faxed it back, it came from Disney-Saratoga. What a magical place for Leach and Cougar fans.