Tuesday was warm enough for another round of record breaking high temperatures in Western Washington.
The National Weather Service said all but one of the major climate sites broke their record highs:
- Sea-Tac Airport - High 84; Previous record 74 in 1956
- Olympia - High 86; Previous record 78 in 1950
- Quillayute - High 76; Previous record 71 in 1988
- Bellingham - High 74; Previous record 73 in 2010
- NWS Seattle - High 81; Previous record 72 in 2010
But what's causing the warm conditions? KING 5 Meteorologist Rich Marriott talks about the unusual temperatures and explains what's going on.
Copyright 2016 KING