Getting ready to take your kids out trick or treating tonight? Lynnwood police officer Shannon Sessions has some tips to keep everyone safe.
Safety tips parents need to know:
- Attend pre-planned events
- Visit people you know, houses with porch lights on
- Wear costumes that let you see and hear clearly
- Use bright clothes, glow sticks, and flashlights to stay visible
- Parents should check treats
- Be cautious with candles, costumes are often flammable
Lynnwood community events for October 31:
- Alderwood mall trick or treating, 4-6 p.m.
- Alderwood Community Church Trunk N' Treat, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
- Rainier Place at Edmonds Community College "Safe Halls," 6-8 p.m.