Family thankful for firefighters that saved dog after fire

Print
Email
|

by DREW MIKKELSEN / KING 5 News

Bio | Email | Follow: @Drewmikk

KING5.com

Posted on May 22, 2013 at 7:49 AM

CENTRALIA, Wash. -- Scooter is doing much better.

West Thurston firefighters found the eight-year-old Shih Tzu lying unconscious under the bed of a Centralia mobile home Monday morning.

Scooter’s owners suffered burns and smoke inhalation when their home caught fire.

After firefighters put it out, Star Hilton told them about Scooter.

When a firefighter carried Scooter out of the home, Hilton thought her four-legged companion was dead.
But a firefighter used a child-size oxygen mask to get Scooter breathing again.

“They were so fantastic,” said Hilton, who admitted one of her cigarettes sparked the fire.

Hilton’s significant other, Richard Hamilton, called the firefighters heroes.

“Those guys are professional,” said Hamilton.

Print
Email
|