Washington Secretary of State Sam Reed and Jean Mathisen, head of AARP's Fraud Fighter Call Center, were on New Day Northwest to talk about how you can make sure that your money is going where you think it is.
To learn more about a charity before donating, please call the Washington State Secretary of State Charities Hotline: 1-800-332-4483.
- AARP Website: www.aarp.org/states/wa/
- WA Secretary of State Charity Search website: www.sos.wa.gov/charities/search.aspx
- Washington State Office of the Attorney General: www.atg.wa.gov/ConsumerIssues/Charities/default.aspx
- Federal Trade Commission: www.ftc.gov/charityfraud/
- Better Business Bureau: www.give.org
To receive AARP’s “Check Before You Give” packet, call the AARP Fraud Fighter Call Center: 1-800-646-2283, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org