A movement that is spreading around the world aims to keep people and dogs safe by raising awareness about dogs that need space.
It's simple - if you see a yellow ribbon or bandana on the dog or on the dog's leash, do not approach it.
The Yellow Dog Project is working to remind people to ask before approaching a dog.
Some of the reasons a dog may need space:
- She may have health issues
- She may be a rescue dog being rehabilitated
- He may have had a bad experience with another dog or is just not like the kind of friendly dogs that always want to say Hi!
- She may be in heat
- He dog may be in training
- He may be very old and arthritic
- He may be very nervous or shy and other dogs cause it stress
Want to be part of Yellow Dog? Join the Facebook page for more details