Fairview Avenue North will completely re-open to traffic by noon Saturday, but there will be a few hiccups before that happens.
The Seattle Department of Transportation said Mercer Street will be restricted to two lanes in each direction between Boren Avenue North and Interstate 5 starting at 10 p.m. Friday while work is done on signals at the intersection of Mercer and Fairview. Police will help direct traffic.
Fairview Avenue North should open by noon Saturday.
Starting Saturday at noon, Valley Street, Terry Avenue North, Westlake Avenue North and Broad Street will be restricted in the following areas:
- Valley Street will be restricted to one westbound lane between Fairview Avenue North and Terry Avenue North and closed to traffic between Terry Avenue North and Westlake Avenue North.
- Westlake Avenue North will be restricted to one northbound lane between Valley Street and 9th Avenue North.
- Broad Street will be closed between Westlake Avenue North and 9th Avenue North.
- Northbound Terry Avenue North will be restricted to local access only between Mercer Street and Valley Street
- Access to Lake Union Park will be maintained via Fairview Avenue North and Valley Street.
Following the re-opening of Fairview Avenue N, King County Metro routes 70, 71, 72, 73 and 83 are scheduled to return to service along Fairview Avenue North beginning March 16, and Route 309 on March 18.