A person dies in a vehicle crash every 20 hours in Washington, according to a study released Monday by the Washington Traffic Safety Commission.
The report, for collisions in 2012, is based on information submitted to the State Patrol by several law enforcement agencies.
Other findings from the study:
- A crash occurred every 5 minutes somewhere in Washington.
- A person was injured in a crash every 12 minutes.
- A motorcyclist was in a crash every 4 hours.
- A pedestrian or bicyclist was involved in a crash every 3 hours.
- A pedestrian or bicyclist was killed in a crash every 4 days.
- An impaired driver was involved in a crash every 2 hours.
- A person was killed by an impaired driver every 2 days.
You can read the full report here.