LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

CENTRALIA, Wash. -- Scooter is doing much better.

West Thurston firefighters found the eight-year-old Shih Tzu lying unconscious under the bed of a Centralia mobile home Monday morning.

Scooter s owners suffered burns and smoke inhalation when their home caught fire.

After firefighters put it out, Star Hilton told them about Scooter.

When a firefighter carried Scooter out of the home, Hilton thought her four-legged companion was dead.
But a firefighter used a child-size oxygen mask to get Scooter breathing again.

They were so fantastic, said Hilton, who admitted one of her cigarettes sparked the fire.

Hilton s significant other, Richard Hamilton, called the firefighters heroes.

Those guys are professional, said Hamilton.

Read or Share this story: http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/pets-and-animals/2014/08/04/13257092/