TACOMA Two people are recovering from burns after a propane tank exploded inside a 30-foot trailer early Monday morning in Tacoma.

Despite initial reports, investigators found no evidence of a meth lab in the home in the 1000 block of S. 88th Street.

It made the whole house shake. Things fell off the wall. It was like a sonic boom and felt like an earthquake, said neighbor John Morris.

One man who was in the trailer was taken to the hospital with serious burns. He allegedly said at first that a heater caused the fire, but later said it was caused by cooking meth.

A second man who was burned ran from the scene. Police said he was found later in the morning and taken to the hospital.

Read or Share this story: