Seattle Police believe they may have caught the elusive Jimmy Buffett Bandit, suspected in a string of robberies from Seattle to Lacey.
Police say at 5:30 pm Thursday, a 44-year-old man dressed in a ski mask and armed with a gun walked into the US Bank near Westlake Avenue and 8th Avenue N., threatened to shoot a bank clerk, and demanded cash.
As the clerk was handing money over to the suspect, a bank security guard walked up behind the robber and knocked his gun (which turned out to be fake) out of his hand.
The suspect wrestled with the guard, and both men fell to the floor. The guard was able to overpower the suspect, and hold him down until police arrived and arrested him.
This serial bank robber was known for his tropical print shirt, long ponytail, goatee, and sunglasses
Police are now investigating whether the 44-year-old suspect is responsible for nine robberies that began last September.
1. 9/7/12 Key Bank at 7307 35th Ave NE in Seattle
2. 10/2/12 Homestreet Bank at 8200 35th Ave NE in Seattle
3. 10/30/12 Peoples Bank at 3300 W. McGraw St. in Seattle
4. 11/5/12 US Bank at 4040 Factoria Blvd SE in Bellevue
5. 11/28/12 US Bank at 8702 35th Ave NE in Seattle
6. 12/13/12 US Bank at 17601 SE 272nd St. in Covington
7. 12/19/12 Wells Fargo at 9750 NE 117th Lane in Kirkland
8. 1/15/13 Wells Fargo at 1419 Marvin Rd NE in Lacey
9. 1/24/13 US Bank at 1019 8th Ave N in Seattle