A man and his young baby escaped safely when a fire broke out in their Lake Stevens home on Sunday.
The flames reached up the side of the two-story home on 17th place NE.
Tom Trexel said he was watching the Seahawks game when the alarms went off. His wife pulled up in her car and saw their home covered in flames. Tom and 2-month old Quinn made it out safely.
The cause of the fire was not yet known.
It was just the latest in a string of house fires in the Puget Sound area over the weekend.
A fire in West Seattle on Sunday started when a spark from the fireplace landed on the carpet and set it on fire.
A neighbor heard the man yelling for help and called 911. The fire was so intense it spread from the house to a tree in the yard by the time firefighters arrived.
The homeowner made it out OK and was not hurt.
In Edmonds, also on Sunday, a fire broke out in the attic of a home on 9th Avenue South at around 2:30 a.m.
Everyone made it out of the house and no one was hurt. Investigators are still trying to determine the cause.
On Saturday, fire damaged two homes in Newcastle. The blaze started in one home, then spread to the other. No one was hurt.
Investigators say the weather paired with the need to keep warm are creating room for careless mistakes involving candles, cigarette butts and fireplaces.
The furnaces all the heating systems are coming into play, fireplaces are being lit , the fires that were recreational outside are now being moved indoors, said John Westfall, Fire Marshal
Fire officials say being prepared and taking the steps to protect yourself can save your life. Things like checking the batteries on your smoke detector, inspecting your home before you use your fireplace and having an escape plan if there's an emergency.
KING 5's Zahid Arab and Susan Wyatt contributed to this report.