HARRIS COUNTY -- Both suspects in a shooting at Lone Star College in north Harris County are now in custody, according to a law enforcement source.

Three people were shot during an argument between the two suspects. The source said both men pulled out guns during the argument and shot at each other. Two bystanders and at least one of the suspects were wounded.

That suspect was taken to an area hospital handcuffed to a stretcher, but the other one got away.

Dozens of law officers searched the campus and surrounding areas. Around 2:30 p.m., the suspect turned himself in at Northwest Medical Center, according to our source. He may have also been wounded.

Lone Star College student Brittany Mobley said she saw the whole thing happen.

I saw two dudes basically get into an altercation and the dude that shot, he basically got angry and started shooting the other guy, said Mobley. A lot of people heard a lot of shots.

Mobley said the suspect had the gun hidden in his clothes.

Basically, I seen the dude that shot him and as soon as I heard the bullets flying and the gun being fired off, then everyone started running and it was a hint for me to start running as well, Mobley said.

KHOU News stringer Lloyd Overcash saw one male being brought out of the library on a stretcher. He was reportedly handcuffed to the stretcher, according to witnesses.

Mark Zaragosa, an EMT student, got some hands-on experience when he spotted two victims before police arrived.

I actually had just come out of EMT class and I noticed that there were two downed victims so I stopped to render assistance, Zaragosa said. The two people that I took care of had just minor injuries. One gentleman had a gunshot to the knee and the [other] actually had an entry wound to the lower buttocks area.

Two of the wounded victims were taken to Ben Taub Hospital in the Texas Medical Center.

The shooting happened around 12:30 p.m. at the campus in the 2700 block of W.W. Thorne Drive, near Bush Intercontinental Airport.

Lone Star College is closed for the rest of the afternoon and evening, but students and faculty can return to pick up their cars and other belongings.

Several Aldine ISD schools were also placed on lockdown while the search for the suspect continued, but that lockdown was later lifted.

Read or Share this story: