Former Washington Huskies and Seattle Seahawks tight end Jerramy Stevens was in court Tuesday, accused of striking his fiance, two-time Olympic gold medal soccer player Hope Solo. But a judge released him a short time later, saying there was no probable cause that Stevens assaulted Solo.

Kirkland police say officers were sent to a home in the 6400 block of NE 138th Place at 3:45 a.m. Monday to respond to a 911 call from Marcus Solo, Hope's 36-year-old brother, about a fight between eight people at a party. The fight allegedly included the use of a stun gun.

According to court documents, Stevens, 33, and Solo, 31, had applied for a marriage license in King County last Thursday and were set to get married Tuesday. The argument at the party was over whether the couple would live inWashington or Florida.

Officers at the scene allegedly found Solo with a laceration to her elbow. A 32-year-old woman was found with a hip injury and a 34-year-old man had bumps, scrapes and contusions.

According to court documents, a police officer found Stevens, who appeared to be hiding, lying between the bed and the wall in an upstairs bedroom. Stevens told officers he was sleeping on the floor and didn't hear the fight. The officer saw signs of a fight, and dried blood on Stevens' shirt.

The officer noted in his affidavit for probable cause for arrest that he arrested Stevens based on his admission that he argued with Hope Solo, the injury to her elbow, signs of a fight in the bedroom where Stevens was found and blood on Stevens' shirt. Stevens was arrested on investigation of fourth-degree domestic violence.

The other two people who were injured said they had been assaulted by another man who had come to the party, but left before police arrived. They only provided a vague description of the suspect.

Solo, also a former Washington Husky, was in the courtroom Tuesday during Stevens' hearing. She said nothing as she left the courtroom and left the courthouse in a waiting vehicle.

Stevens was selected with the No. 28 pick of the 2002 draft by the Seahawks after a stellar career on the field at Washington, but one that included a number or incidents away from football that included reckless driving charges for crashing into a nursing home.

He was mostly a first-round bust with the Seahawks, except for the 2005 season when he started a career-high 12 games and had 45 receptions as the Seahawks won the NFC championship.

His run-ins with the law weren't done when he left college. Stevens was arrested on reckless driving charges in 2003 in a Seattle suburb and in 2007 when he was charged with driving under the influence in Scottsdale, Ariz.

Stevens' most recent arrest came in 2010, while he was playing for Tampa Bay, when he was arrested the night before a game for possession of marijuana. He was almost immediately released by the team.

KING 5's Chris Daniels and Travis Pittman and the Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read or Share this story: