If you live in what's called the urban interface -- wooded suburbs -- you should check your local fire deparment's website for tips on how to protect your home, and for information on where, when and what you can burn.

Washington state's Department of Natural Resources has an extensive collection of safety information for campers and homeowners.

Read or Share this story: