Like this topic? You may also like these photo galleries:
MOUNTRAINIERNATIONALPARK- The 90-minute hike to Tolmie Peak includes stops at Mowich Lake and Eunice Lake. A breathtaking view of Mount Rainier awaits at the top. There s a fire lookout tower that is sometimes staffed by park rangers.
Here's more information from the Washington Trails Association and a map on how to get there.
Some things to remember:
1. Once you hit the dirt road to head up to Lake Mowich, where the hike starts, slow down. The road gets pretty rough in some places, including some potholes. You could ruin your suspension.
2. There's a pay station about 3 miles from the start of the hike. It's $15 for a 7-day pass, cash only.
3. Bring bug spray.
4. Pets are not allowed on the trail.
5. You might come across a deer or small wildland creatures on your hike. Do not feed them. You don't want them to become dependent upon humans. Plus, some human food can make them sick.
6. This is a very popular hike, so if you want to beat the crowds, get there very early. There's a campground next to Mowich Lake you can stay at overnight if you want to get going at dawn.
7. On a perfectly clear day, you can see Seattle and Lake Washington from the top of the hike if you look north. But, if it's hazy, it will be tough to spot.