We've had a great summer testing out fun ways to get fit, without feeling as though we're working out. Our friends at Actively Northwest, powered by LifeWise Health Plan of Washington, have helped - by launching #FitMob, a six-week fitness series that encouraged people to get outdoors on Saturday mornings and take part in flash fitness classes like stair running, yoga, zumba and more. #FitMob is wrapping up soon, but LifeWise is ready to launch a new fitness challenge. This one not only rewards you for continuing to work out, your successes also add up to money for local charities!
Ariana Kukors, Olympic swimmer and Director of Health Inspiration for LifeWise Health Plan of Washington, joined guest host Meeghan Black to talk about Washington Moves, a four-week fitness challenge that rewards routines and donates to local charities. LifeWise has partnered with EveryMove, a website and app that makes it easy to keep track of your physical activity. EveryMove Co-Founder and CEO Russell Benaroya also joined the chat, explaining how the app and website work, and how to make the program work for you.
Here's how the Washington Moves challenge works:
- Register for Washington Moves.
- Between Setpember 20, 2013 and October 27, 2013, track your everyday activities on EveryMove's app or website. For every active day (symbolized with an orange heart) you earn, LifeWise and its sponsor partners will donate up to $1 to the charity you select from the list below (up to a total of $100,00 by the end of the challenge).
List of participating charities:
- American Heart Association, Puget Sound
- American Diabetes Association, Washington
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Washington
- YMCA of Spokane County
- United Way of Spokane County
NOTE: Anyone can take part in EveryMove, but only Washington state residents can turn their active days into money for charities.
Saturday, September 21 at 8:30am: Trail Running at Ravenna Park
Saturday, September 28 at 8:30am: Boot Camp at Garfield Community Center
Washington Moves website.
13312754KING Lifewise on fit mobs KING