A man lost vision in his eye and had shrapnel type wounds all over his body after an illegal firework blew up Tuesday night in Puyallup.
A spokesman for Central Pierce Fire said the 23-year-old told responders he bought a large skyrocket-type device from a tribal fireworks stand. Once the firework left the reservation, it became illegal.
The man tried to launch it around 11 p.m. in the 13600 block of 94th Avenue E. in Puyallup, but something went wrong and it blew up.
People inside the home say it shook the house.
The man s wounds are described as shrapnel type all over his body, similar to if he had been cut or stabbed. He also lost vision in his right eye when the orbit ruptured.
If you re not sure whether the fireworks you plan to shoot off are legal or not, here are some helpful tips from the Washington State Patrol.
Information compiled by KING 5's Travis Pittman