LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

SEATTLE -- Two men seriously burned when a van exploded in Bellevuewere listed in serious condition in intensive care Thursday.

Two men and a woman escaped the inferno on Kamber Road near 145th Place SE Wednesday.

The woman told police she and two male friends went to a gas station to get gas, but they didn't have a gas can. So they filled an open bucket with gas and used a water bottle toget gas directly into the carburetor.

The van ran for a time on fumes and then stalled before exploding.

All three victim were severely burned. They were taken to Harborview Medical Center for treatment.

Read or Share this story: http://www.king5.com/story/news/2014/07/30/12934726/